Pupil Premium at Fairfield Park Lower School
Pupil Premium funding is designed to support those children who are deemed to be from a disadvantaged background. Money is given to schools to enable them to target specific support to improve outcomes for this group of children. The funding is triggered by the following:
- A child is currently eligible for free school meals, or they have been during the least six years.
- A child is currently in the care of the Local Authority, or they have been during the last five years.
- A child has a parent currently serving in the armed forces.
The government does not stipulate how the Pupil Premium Funding should be spent, but does expect the money to be directed towards ensuring any disadvantage may be overcome, and that any gap in attainment between disadvantaged pupils and their peers should be closed.
Our Mission is that:
All members of The Fairfield Park Lower School staff and governors accept responsibility for those pupils recognised as 'disadvantaged’ and are committed to meeting their pastoral, social and academic needs.
Our Aim is that:
Fairfield Park Lower School will ensure that the Pupil Premium funding reaches the groups of pupils for whom it was intended and that it makes a significant impact on their education and lives: The funding will be used to:
- provide additional educational support to improve the progress and raise the achievement for these pupils.
- narrow and close the gap between the achievement of these pupils and their peers.
- address any other underlying inequalities between these children and their peers.
Pupil Premium Strategy Statement
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement Plan for 2022-25, including 2022-23 click here
Pupil Premium reports for previous years are also available:
- Pupil Premium Report 2019 -2020 click here
- Pupil Premium Report 2018 - 2019 click here
- Pupil Premium Report 2017 - 2018 click here
Please click on the link below to view our Pupil Premium Policy:Pupil Premium Policy
The Pupil Premium Grant supports Fairfield Park Lower School in achieving our vision of:-
Valuing Our Community
and Values for Life
For further, more general information about the Pupil Premium Grant please visit the Government website link below.PUPIL PREMIUM Government website