Pupil Premium at Fairfield Park Lower School
Pupil Premium funding was first introduced in April 2011. It is designed to support those children who are deemed to be from a disadvantaged background. Money is given to schools to enable them to target specific support to improve outcomes for this group of children. The funding is triggered by the following:
- A child is currently eligible for free school meals, or they have been during the least six years.
- A child is currently in the care of the Local Authority, or they have been during the last five years.
- A child who has a parent currently serving in the armed forces.
Funding for the Academic Year 2016 – 2017 is as follows
- £1,320 for children of families who are in receipt of benefits that would qualify them for free school meals
- £1,900 for children who are being or have been looked after by the Local Authority during the last five years
- £300 for children who have parents in the armed services.
The government does not stipulate how the Pupil Funding should be spent, but does expect the money to be directed towards ensuring any disadvantage may be overcome, and that any gap in attainment between disadvantaged pupils and their peers should be closed.
Our Mission is that:
All members of The Fairfield Park Lower School staff and governors accept responsibility for those pupils recognised as 'disadvantaged’ and are committed to meeting their pastoral, social and academic needs.
Our Aim is that:
Fairfield Park Lower School will ensure that the Pupil Premium funding reaches the groups of pupils for whom it was intended and that it makes a significant impact on their education and lives: The funding will be used to:
• provide additional educational support to improve the progress and raise the achievement for these pupils.
• narrow and close the gap between the achievement of these pupils and their peers.
• address any other underlying inequalities between these children and their peers.
The full Pupil Premium document is available to download as a PDF here.
Please also see our School Policy for Pupil Premium for further information.