Home Learning during school closure
Welcome to the part of our school website that provides home learning for all our year groups at Fairfield Park Lower School. We have provided open-ended projects that enable a flexible approach at home; the work can be completed independently or with some support. Just click on the menu for your child’s year group. At this stage, there is no expectation from us of how many pieces of work will be completed each day or each week – please do what you think is right for your family and your child. Your family may be supporting those who are unwell, trying to embed new working from home arrangements or managing all being in one place, these are all pressures on your time at home and we recognise that. If your family requires any pastoral support, please refer to our Coronavirus – Family Support section where you will find further advice and guidance. Also, you may wish to click here for tips and advice in preparing for social distancing and isolation.
Parental Summer Support 2020
Please click here to view Parental Summer Support 2020 leaflet
Preparing your child for Return to School
- Please click here for tips and advice
Learning from home
- Please click here for tips about learning from home.
- Please click here for Fairfield Park's strategy for Home Learning
- Please click here for the school's strategy re Live Learning, for example, Zoom.
Online Music Resources
Virtual Quad Kids Athletics
- Please click here to read about a virtual sporting competition, set up by Redborne School Sports Partnership, which will take place for the remainder of the term.
Advice and support for parents and carers
-The Family Wellbeing Programme - Free Webinars 6th-13th July
- Please visit the "Hungry Little Minds" website for ideas and inspiration for simple, fun activities for children from newborn to 5 years of age.
- Please click here to view a helpful book called 'Everybody Worries' by Jon Burgerman, written to help younger children with anxiety and the worry of coronavirus.
- Coronavirus Book, illustrated by Axel Scheffler - Please click here to view.
- Central Beds Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and resources for parents/carers - Click here
- Ideas for home schooling -Please click here
- NSPCC Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and support for parents and carers. Please visit their website by clicking here.
Online Safety Tips
- Please click here to read information about Digital Safety during Covid 19.
- Please click here for information about the 'House Party App'.
- Please click here for 'Online Safety Tips for Children'
- Please click here for 'What parents need to know about screen addiction'
- Please click here for 9 Top tips to get smart about children's devices'